- Emotional Barriers - Do I feel like racing?
- Perceptual Barriers - Is it cold outside?
- Cultural Barriers - Are the guys from Albany mean, do they use foil?
- Language Barriers - What the hell is a bell lap?
- Interpersonal Barriers - Will my significant other let me race?
- Gender Barriers - Will I get beaten by a girl?
On a good day, one comes gently winding around a 180 degree turn, butt in the air, like a cat in heat, flitting off the bike for a brisk stroll over the boards, back up and away.
What could be worse that approaching 40cm of tibia-snapping new-growth at speed? How about boards that remind you in that last instant as you try to click out and leap of the imminent consequences? Think twice? Do you have that much time?
|Warning: Barriers may be larger than they appear.|
I will be your knight in shining armor, riding across the desert on a fine Arab charger...