Thursday, August 19, 2010

Thinking inside the box

This post goes out to two Brooklynites, Brooklynians?, Brooklyhenians?, who showed initiative, planning, timing, and good old-fashioned asking.
Scott is an architect, so I wanted to honor him by demonstrating my skills and drawing a portrait. It took me like three hours just to shade his upper lip. It's probably the best drawing I've ever done. Or maybe I drew a Liger in jeans and black mock turtleneck.
Peter is a veteran, sporting the Helvetica for the super heroes known as BVF. He also hates the beach. He hates the ocean and all of the sea creatures living in it. How do I know this? Look at him running over hundreds of lovingly hand-crafted sand castles. That’s not a race course; he put the tape up at Jones Beach to justify his actions.

They were the first to sign up, wanting the pole position, starting grid No 1. Is this the NYCross protocol? No. Are we gonna hook them up? Yes. I’ll get my can of metallic gold spray paint, which I wasn’t huffing (contrary to popular opinion) and mark a Willy Wonka golden box for them at the start line.

Thanks for signing up!

4 comments:

BRBR said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
BRBR said...

A-Wha? No link back?

http://www.brooklynveloforce.org

Also note that we've signed up for back-to-back Saratoga fields. :) Please provide scissor-girls to cut our stack-pinned numbers.

PS - Pete can't swim, hence the rage.

John O said...

Linkt. Thanks!

studioe said...

1,2,3,4,5...yup right number of digits. Better than I usually do.

However honoring an architect who destroys castles?